The Lakeside Shop is packed with unique and unusual handmade, design-led gifts for the extra special people in your life. It's a shopping destination in its own right, or the perfect way to round off a visit.
Located in the Djanogly Gallery building at the South Entrance, next to the Angear Visitor Centre, simply head through the main entrance and you’ll see the shop on your left.
YOU CAN EXPECT TO FIND:
- Contemporary crafts by artists and makers whose work has been chosen especially to complement Djanogly Gallery and Museum exhibitions and Collections.
- Beautifully illustrated, full-colour coffee table books; books about the artists and historical movements that have informed our exhibitions; high quality exhibition catalogues; exciting and educational activity books for children – and everything in between.
- A diverse selection of memorable greetings cards and postcards inspired by the visual arts.
- A range of prices: you'll find everything from considered additions to your home or jewellery collection (purchases which may be supported by an Own Art Loan) to pocket money gifts and souvenirs of your visit.
With stock updated seasonally and refreshed to reflect our current exhibitions and events, you'll want to come and visit us often.
The Own Art scheme is designed to make it easy and affordable for everyone to buy contemporary works of art and craft including ceramics, jewellery, glassware, wood and textiles.
You can borrow up to £2,000, or as little as £100, and pay back the loan in 10 monthly instalments - interest free*.
* Typical 0% APR Offer subject to age and status. Terms and conditions apply. Own Art is operated by ArtCo Trading Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Arts Council England. Registered address: Arts Council England, North East, Central Square, Forth Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 3PJ