Terms and conditions
Who are we? Lakeside is The University of Nottingham’s public arts centre.
Ticketing Terms & Conditions
These are printed on the back of your ticket and are reproduced here for information
- Please be aware that latecomers may be admitted only at a suitable break in the performance. At some shows latecomers may not be permitted entry.
- This ticket must not be resold. This includes the resale of tickets for profit in which circumstances The Management reserves the right to cancel tickets or refuse admission without notice and without being obliged to refund monies. If you find you are unable to attend, please contact your original point of sale.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, it may be necessary to change the customer’s seat allocation. We will inform the customer at the earliest opportunity but will not be obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
- The unauthorised use of a camera, video, audio or other recording device is strictly prohibited.
- All information is correct at point of sale. On rare occasions it may be necessary to change the published detail of the event, including advertised performers and event times without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets .
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject a ticket holder for behaviour which The Management considers unacceptable.
- If you experience a problem whilst at the venue or during an event, please bring it to the attention of the venue’s Duty Manager immediately. We regret we may not be able to offer refunds or exchanges retrospectively.
- Please refer to the venue’s website or Box Office for further information about your visit and for full terms and conditions.
Ticketing Network East Midlands (TNEM) is a limited company, the founding members of which are Dance4, Nottingham Lakeside Arts, Nottingham Playhouse, Nottingham Theatre Royal & Royal Concert Hall.
The following terms and conditions listed below will apply between you and The University of Nottingham for the sale and purchase of the items contained in your basket. The terms do not affect your statutory rights.
Availability of goods and prices
Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order and stated in the Order Confirmation. Please note that occasionally goods ordered may, be sent to you in instalments. We will make every effort to advise you (by email) if this is the case.
We make every attempt to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, however discrepancies may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods already ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and ask that you reconfirm your order at the correct price, whilst also giving you the option to cancel it.
If we are unsuccessful in contacting you we will consider the order cancelled. If we cancel your order, you will receive a full refund.
If your delivery address is not within the United Kingdom, you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. You should note that customs policies vary widely from country to country; The University of Nottingham advises each customer to contact their local customs office for further information.
You should be aware that cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
By ordering a product you accept these terms and conditions. The terms and conditions are subject to change at any time, and it is your responsibility to check these terms and conditions regularly before ordering products in case there are any changes.
Your undertakings and warranties
You warrant that the information given on your order form is complete and accurate.
Acknowledgement of order
When you have completed your order you will be sent an e-mail confirmation. It will state what the products are on order, the total cost including VAT (where appropriate) and Post & Package charges, together with delivery and invoice details. If for any reason your order cannot be processed, a member of the Lakeside team will contact you to explain the nature of the difficulty.
No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and The University of Nottingham until the product(s) ordered have been despatched. We will send a confirmation email when the goods have left Lakeside . This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by The University of Nottingham of your offer to buy goods from Lakeside Arts Centre. You must check that the details on this confirmatory e-mail are correct as soon as possible and you should print out and keep a copy of it.
All credit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, your order will not be accepted and The University of Nottingham will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Your statutory rights as a consumer are not affected if, for any reason, you wish to return a product bought from Lakeside Online Shop. Damaged goods or incorrect deliveries Our warranty is subject to the following conditions: (i) the goods must be stored in appropriate conditions; if you do not store them in appropriate conditions we cannot be held responsible for faults or problems that arise as a result; (ii) any claim by you in respect of any shortages and/or defects in the goods must be notified to us by you within seven days of the delivery date, stating the nature of the shortage/defect and quoting the invoice no.; failure to so notify us will deem you to have accepted the goods. In some cases The University of Nottingham may require you to return the defective goods to The University of Nottingham at its cost. Where you make a valid claim in respect of any shortages or defects and we are liable for the claim, we can at our option make up the shortages or replace the goods free of charge, or refund the price of the goods in question to you. In addition for defective goods we will refund you reasonable costs incurred for postage of the goods, but we shall have no further liability to you. If you do not notify The University of Nottingham accordingly, The University of Nottingham shall have no liability for any defects and you shall be bound to pay for the goods.
The University of Nottingham shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
Limitation of liability
Although we take every care to ensure accuracy, we make no warranties as to the accuracy of the information we place on our web pages. The extent of our liability for any breach of these terms and conditions shall be limited to the value of the goods ordered by you in the relevant transaction, however nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit The University of Nottingham’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of The University of Nottingham’s negligence.
Invalidity of terms and conditions
If for any reason part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable; the validity of the remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected.
Governing law and jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.