Connecting via a HDMI Cable
This is the most simple way. Simply connect your laptop, iPad or tablet to your TV via HDMI or similar cable and select the appropriate source on your TV settings.
Airplay Video from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- Open the live stream that you want to AirPlay to your Apple TV.
- Tap Airplay
- Choose your Apple TV. If you don’t see your Apple TV, make sure that your iOS device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV
Airplay Video from a mac
- Open the live stream that you want to AirPlay to your Apple TV
- Click the icon on the right side of your Mac’s menubar
- Click on Apple TV from the dropdown. (If you have multiple Apple TV’s in the vicinity, choose the one you want to use right now.)
Airplay from a Windows PC
You’ll need a 3rd Party app installed on your Windows PC to mirror its screen. We recommend using AirParrot to mirror from your PC: http://www.airsquirrels.com/airparrot
To mirror the display from a laptop or desktop, you must use the Chrome browser for Windows, Mac, or Chrome OS. Because tab mirroring can drain battery life, however, you might want to plug your laptop into a power source first.
- Select the Chromecast icon (the rectangle with a Wi-Fi icon in one corner) to the right of the address bar. You can also select Okay, Got It to dismiss the welcome message.
- To mirror your current browser tab, simply select your Chromecast from the list. To mirror your entire desktop display, click on Cast tab, then select Cast desktop. Select your device from the list, then decide whether to uncheck the box for sharing audio. Select Share to begin casting. To lower the volume or stop casting, click the Chromecast icon to bring up the menu. (You’ll still need to increase your television’s volume if the sound isn’t loud enough.)
You can stop Casting by exiting the Chrome browser.
Chromecast Mirroring from an Android Device
Android screen mirroring should work with any phone or tablet running Android 4.4.2 or higher. Again, it’s a good idea to keep your device plugged into a charger while watching a movie or TV show.
- Open the Google Home app, which is the same app you used to set up the Chromecast
- Tap the menu button in the top-left corner, then tap Cast screen/audio at the top of the menu
- On the next page, tap Cast screen/audio, then select your Chromecast from the list to begin mirroring
- To stop casting, tap Disconnect in this menu, or open your notification shade and Disconnect under the Casting screen notification there