Theatre & Dance
Please note this event has already taken place and you are viewing an archived page of the Lakeside website.
For a list of current events, exhibitions and workshops, please click on 'What's On' in the menu above
£16 (£12 concessions, £48
Join Oddsocks Productions as they return to celebrate their 30th Anniversary year with yet another high-energy, feel-good, family theatre show. This summer the company invite you to join them for a festival of music, magic and mayhem as they bring that Shakespearean favourite “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”, to life as you have never seen it before.
Every year Oddsocks delight audiences with their inspired approach to Shakespeare’s plays and their trademark interactive style. “A Midsummer Nights Dream” with its easy-to-follow storyline and hilarious characters is perfect for the Oddsocks treatment and will be a memorable production.
Four young lovers run away to a summer festival in the woods to escape the stress of parental expectations at home. Before long they unwittingly find themselves the subjects of tricks, played on them with hilarious results. Add to that a troupe of amateur actors hired to play at the festival and you have the perfect recipe for an evening of hilarious family entertainment.
If there’s one show you see this summer, make it this one!
- We want everyone to get a great view of the show, so we're asking audience members to bring a rug or cushion to sit on. If you feel that this might be difficult for you, we will have a designated area for those needing to use camp chairs or seats.
- The performance will still go ahead if it rains. The use of umbrellas is not permitted, again to ensure everyone can see the show. Unfortunately we can never predict the British weather, so make sure you bring a hooded coat and suncream!
- The audience area will be open for guests to find their spot no earlier than 6.30pm. If you are in the audience area before this time you will be asked to move on until it opens.
- No dogs (except assistance dogs) are allowed within the audience area.
- The event is wheelchair accessible (over grass).
- Feel free to bring a picnic with you to enjoy the show. Snacks and refreshments will also be available to purchase on site. Please ensure you take any rubbish home with you, or use the bins on site.
- Toilets will be available inside the Pavilion until 8pm. Toilets outside the Pavilion will be available during the performance itself.
Reviews of previous productions of the play by Oddsocks:
Without doubt the performance was among the best productions that I have seen…
Jersey Evening Post
SHAKESPEARE would definitely have approved of this version of the perennial seasonal play, A Midsummer Night's Dream. Oddsocks certainly knows how to tickle a funny bone or two. Laugh? I laughed until I cried at this absolutely fantastic rendition of Will's classic. Live music, exhilarating circus skills and wonderfully executed pregnant pauses and comic interludes proliferate the play. This is one not to miss and recommended for a really good night out. So get your tickets now.
Suitable for all