Please note this event has already taken place and you are viewing an archived page of the Lakeside website.
For a list of current events, exhibitions and workshops, please click on 'What's On' in the menu above
Oddsocks: Romeo & Juliet - Mods v Rockers
Oddsocks are on location in Lakeside’s back garden whilst the castle is closed for refurbishment.
Friday 20 July, 7.30pm
Approximately 2 hours 10 minutes including interval
£15 (£10 concessions, £40 group of 4 including at least one child)
Suitable for ages 8+
A Guardian Readers’ Favourite 2017, Romantic Romeo is moping to the ‘Rhythm of the Rain’ for his latest unrequited love. He’s in for a surprise at the Capulet Party where Capulet likes his ‘Black Betty’ and Juliet’s Nurse thinks her ‘Sweet Child of
Mine’ is falling in love. Romeo’s mates gatecrash and bang, ‘Be Bop a Lula He’s My Baby’. Maybe’ The Power of Love’ will end the families’ violent feud...
- We want everyone to get a great view of the show, so we're asking audience members to bring a rug or cushion to sit on. If you feel that this might be difficult for you, we will have a designated area for those needing to use camp chairs or seats.
- The performance will still go ahead if it rains. The use of umbrellas is not permitted, again to ensure everyone can see the show. Although the weather looks great for both Friday and Saturday, unfortunately we can never predict it, so make sure you bring a hooded coat.
- The audience area will be open for guests to find their spot no earlier than 7pm. If you are in the audience area before this time you will be asked to move on until it opens.
- No dogs (except assistance dogs) are allowed within the audience area.
- The event is wheelchair accessible (over grass).
- Feel free to bring a picnic with you to enjoy the show. Snacks and refreshments will also be available to purchase on site. Please ensure you take any rubbish home with you, or use the bins on site.
- Toilets will be available inside the Pavilion until 8pm. Toilets outside the Pavilion will be available after this point.