Please note this event has already taken place and you are viewing an archived page of the Lakeside website.
For a list of current events, exhibitions and workshops, please click on 'What's On' in the menu above
Architects of Air
Internationally-celebrated, Nottingham-based Architects of Air return to Lakeside due to popular demand – with an unprecedented autumn appearance during nine days of October half-term. Inspired by the traditional Islamic architecture and Gothic cathedrals, Alan Parkinson’s wonderful structures immerse audiences of all ages and abilities in radiant colour. Through labyrinthine tunnels and cavernous domes, visitors move in a medium of saturated and subtle hues, accompanied by a gentle sensory soundscape. It’s almost impossible to describe, you just have to visit and enjoy that very special experience!
Priority Access - Fully booked. Limited amount of tickets will be available on the door.
A limited number of Priority Access tickets for specified 30 minute time slots are available to book in advance. Priority Access bookers join a separate, shorter queue that is prioritised at the start of each time slot. Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your time slot.
Standard Entry - Limited amount of tickets will be available on the door.
Standard Entry tickets can be booked for one of three entry periods each day. These periods are 11am-1pm, 1-3pm and 3pm-close. Standard Entry bookers can gain access to the luminarium during the entry period specified on their tickets. Bookers should expect to have to queue prior to entry, please arrive within the first hour of your entry period.
Please note: we normally do this in summer; in the autumn it will be cooler underfoot so we advise warm socks.
We strongly recommend travelling to Lakeside by public transport when visiting the Luminarium. Find out more here.
- Wheelchair accessible, carers attend free. Parents/carers of visitors with autism/registered disability who may experience difficulty queueing please let us know at the ticket sales point.
- Entry is free for children under 18 months, however tickets are required. Under 18 months tickets can be booked from our Box Office on the day of your visit.
- The 30 minute slot listed for Priority Access tickets provides access at a specific time. Please arrive 10 minutes before your booked slot. The 30 minute slot does not define the duration of your visit.
- This installation is accessible for wheelchair users and people with mobility issues.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult, with a minimum of one adult for up to four children.
- Shoes and possessions are left in the reception area at the owner’s own risk.
- The luminarium’s popularity can mean a long queue at Standard Entry ticket sales. Please ensure you arrive in plenty of time to purchase your tickets and enjoy the luminarium before the close of the day.
- Times may be subject to change.
- We reserve the right to close the luminarium if there is any risk to the safe functioning of the luminarium.
Saturday 20 – Saturday 27 October
11am-5.15pm (last admission)
Sunday 28 October
10am-4.15pm (last admission)
Visit duration at peak times: 15 minutes
Suitable for all, under 16s must be accompanied by a paying adult
Tickets on sale Tuesday 17 July.